The future has begun to change for the U.S. stock market. After mostly flatlining since the end of 2012-Q1's earning season, expectations for the amount of dividends expected to be paid in the future began to decline in mid-October 2012 as the outlook for dividends has worsened.
Meanwhile, when it comes to stock prices, investors appear to be focused on the very near term, with the change in the expected growth rate of trailing year dividends per share for the fourth quarter of 2012 setting the pace for the change in the year-over-year growth rate...
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 39 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 3 hours ago