Reginald: You're right, the government shouldn't. But as more and more of the public becomes apathetic, when the voting percentage approaches 40%, this is not lost on a government that is clearly intent on controlling the daily lives and almost all aspects of it for the population. They want your money and the second they believe they can take it with minimal chance of outrage, they will do it, all couched in language designed to make you believe it's "for the good of all" and that anyone who opposes it is "greedy and selfish." Mark my words.
You were shocked - SHOCKED, you say - at the very idea that the government of Cyprus would order banks to seize 10% of every bank account and hand the money over the government? Well … excuse me for being rude, but maybe if you had been spending a better part of the last 20 years paying attention to the atrocities that happen with nauseating regularity in Washington, instead of going into an annual swoon over March Madness and/or the Oscars, or blindly tuning in to Entertainment Tonight every evening rather than an actual newscast, you might have seen this...
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago