Reginald: You're right, the government shouldn't. But as more and more of the public becomes apathetic, when the voting percentage approaches 40%, this is not lost on a government that is clearly intent on controlling the daily lives and almost all aspects of it for the population. They want your money and the second they believe they can take it with minimal chance of outrage, they will do it, all couched in language designed to make you believe it's "for the good of all" and that anyone who opposes it is "greedy and selfish." Mark my words.
You were shocked - SHOCKED, you say - at the very idea that the government of Cyprus would order banks to seize 10% of every bank account and hand the money over the government? Well … excuse me for being rude, but maybe if you had been spending a better part of the last 20 years paying attention to the atrocities that happen with nauseating regularity in Washington, instead of going into an annual swoon over March Madness and/or the Oscars, or blindly tuning in to Entertainment Tonight every evening rather than an actual newscast, you might have seen this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 18 hours ago