Fueled by increased optimism about the economy and nation’s direction, President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by 5 points among likely voters and now sees his job-approval rating reaching the 50 percent threshold for the first time since March, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.
The survey – which was conducted after the two party conventions and the political firestorm over last week’s U.S. embassy attacks, but before Romney’s...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago