Previous 11 - 20 Next
In response to:

Lesbian Extremist Mayor Must Go -- Now

rreid Wrote: Nov 02, 2014 8:28 AM
Have we noticed yet? The more special privileges that are bestowed upon any goup the more special they perceive themselves to be. Thus deserving even more special treatment! Privilege leads not to more equallity but away from equallity resulting in the group growing progressively more hostile! Show me one group, who has been singled out by law to receive this favored status, who are not angry, demanding, and even riotous!
"That's not a choice WE want Americans to make"! The progressive mantra is to eliminate choice in all things. It should be the DNC platform. WE know best so just do as WE say and shut up! Life and liberty are God given. The pursuit of happiness requires choices. All three are passe to the left.
In response to:

Crumbling Constitution

rreid Wrote: Oct 15, 2014 11:33 AM
Since DOD is about 18% of budget that leaves 82% that has nothing to do with war, defense, or military. It is the welfare state that is incompatible with limited govt.
This is a perfect example of why I cringe every time I hear of a new govt. agency no matter how compasionate and worthwhile the purpose. Here an agency formed to combat mallaria in the southern US grows itself into a huge and diverse bureacracy. So diverse that when a legitimate crisis arises the response can not be focused and intense because the thousands of employees are busy doing the bidding of those who feed them the money to keep on growing. Why is govt not able to respond to emergencies? Because their focus is to grow from a 1 million dollar agency to a 7 billion dollar one. Mission accomplished? No way! The reason for failing their main mission? NOT ENOUGH MONEY!
In response to:

Reagan Had It Easy in the Cold War?

rreid Wrote: Oct 01, 2014 9:12 AM
It's all just Karma! Reagan just happened to be the president when all those good things happened such as the world growing more peaceful, the ushering in of 25 years of prosperity, American morale in the clouds, and socialism reduced to it's lowest state! Obama just happens to be in the cat-bird seat as the economy is set back 75 years, central government is the rule, disinformation and outright lies are the norm, the world rushes toward WWIII, and our leadership is habitually caught by surprise at every world development, every foreseeable threat, and every and each of any number of govt, scandals. Just luck of the draw?
In response to:

Will the West Defend Itself?

rreid Wrote: Oct 01, 2014 8:48 AM
What is the difference between the Holy Bible and the qu'ran? God's Bible is written with full knowledge of what was to come and is, therefore, a living breathing directive written so skillfully as to be as relevant today as when it was authored! The qu'ran, on the other hand, was written whithout this foresight and remains mired in it's 7th century dogma!
In response to:

It's Better Now

rreid Wrote: Oct 01, 2014 8:29 AM
While around 30% of Americans seem to be comfortable with bigger and more socialistic government and, IMHO, another 20% are oblivious to politics or government and don't care one way or the other that leaves about half of us who's angst level has never been higher!
What do W's Iraq war and Obamacare have in common? Dems vote for both enmass, then lie about it to their constituants. Those that vote them in are either ignorant of their actions or plain don't give a damn!
The problem is that although most Muslims are peaceful the percentage that are "radical" is not only significant but can not be traced back to a few sources. Thus this is, in fact, what used to be refered to as a 'wide spread problem' and in fact is a world-wide problem......So....How can we know who is and who isn't?
In response to:

Jay Carney's Pinocchio Problem

rreid Wrote: Sep 26, 2014 11:17 AM
Pass laws regulating how, what, and why insurance companies issue policies then when things go wrong it's the ins. co.'s fault! Have we seen this before? Think housing bubble and who was really to blame!
I am all for workers rights. Their first and most important right should be superior compensation for superior peformance. The union version is collective rights. The doers and the slackers equally rewarded. The result is a system that inevitably tilts the scale strongly toward more slacking and less doing as the best and brightest leave the profession in discust
Previous 11 - 20 Next