The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
And, exactly what do you think GE, Apple, etc. will do if their tax bill goes up? The highest form of the art of taxation is taxing Peter while making him think Paul is the one paying. A perfect example is corporate taxation. Every cent of corporate tax paid gets passed along to the customers in higher prices. It has to be. The same is mostly true for high income people. That is why your last sentence is true and always will be. Want greater rich/poor divide? Raise taxes on the rich.
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago