There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
contd. I think the whole concept of "race" doesn't work very well. It mostly boils down to skin color, which is literally only skin deep. I think that "culture" of a group is more useful, but still limited. With all those caveats, I would be proud to be considered a "credit" to the white "race".
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago