Some had been waiting for more than an hour – sitting in a line of cars that stretched for blocks. Others had arrived hours early, just to be the first in line. Local radio and morning television teased their audience with hints and sparse details before finally making the announcement. After that, the location and details spread like wildfire via text, Twitter and Facebook. What was so important that hundreds would wait in line so long? A new lifesaving medicine? Free hundred dollar bills? A fabulous celebrity cruise? No, nothing quite that glamorous. Americans for Prosperity was offering gasoline at...
One of the dirtiest shaft jobs ever done to American taxpayers was the withholding of income taxes each pay day. Sorta like boiling a frog. Politicians, then and now, knew that a few dollars from each paycheck wouldn't be missed. So, without unduly alarming or pi$$ing off taxpayers, the slugs in government can raise taxes whenever they wish. I personally would like to see taxpayers required to pay their taxes IN FULL on April 15, with NO taxes withheld. Politicians would be far less willing to incur the wrath of their constituents.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago