The invester favoring the Buffet rule is because of what? - I favor lower taxes on investment income but hit me with a surtax? Seems that something else is influencing this attitude. Perhaps some confusion on the message? If the government actually had a clean set of books, and got rid of baseline budgeting, and . . . what a mess - We have picked winners and losers for so long and skewed the national assessment (tax) to the point of it being a worthless concept covered in band aids.
While President Obama is out on the campaign trail talking about how bad things were four years ago, and how we have to go “forward” to his second term to see just how great things are going to be in the next four years, the biggest problem he’s got is the here and now.
Real GDP in the second quarter stalled at 2.2 percent. There were a paltry 115,000 new jobs in April. The labor force shrank by 342,000 for the month, and the 63.6 percent labor-force participation rate is now the lowest since 1981. There are roughly 23...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago