In response to:
I don't see this as a showdown. The cuts are law and without modifications taking place prior to March 1st, will be implemented. The danger in the speaker's comment is his willingness to entertain equivalent cuts to replace those spelled out in law as it becomes someone's determination of the validity of that equivalence. This sequestor was Obama's plan and he owns it so just let it go through.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 9 hours ago