In response to:
I don't see this as a showdown. The cuts are law and without modifications taking place prior to March 1st, will be implemented. The danger in the speaker's comment is his willingness to entertain equivalent cuts to replace those spelled out in law as it becomes someone's determination of the validity of that equivalence. This sequestor was Obama's plan and he owns it so just let it go through.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago