The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
You will be a felon and pay stiff fines if you don't label the lettuce and soup. This is about government control and in the end another way of screwing money out of 'rich' people (i.e. - those who work). Proof positive the government is about 65% too big and out of control. Do you think the founders intended THIS? Very sad indeed. Now I await the onslaught of comments how dangerous salad bars are, the wonderful work of Obama, victims of obesity, etc......go ahead - you are wrong.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago