The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
I feel public education has failed our society when we teach U.S. history and its practice of slavery without including the obvious fact all ethnic groups have been victims of State sponsored slavery. Man’s inhumanity to man has a normal distribution curve across all cultures and dispensations of time. mjohanse: your analogy fails for the same reason. Note: There is a trend in educational curriculum to narrow the scope of discipline outcomes in hopes of raising test scores. Although this has been successful political rhetoric for election campaigns, it has yet to achieve its promised results. Government and Unions should stay out of curriculum development and leave it to the professionals in the classroom and local school boards.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 9 hours ago