The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
I feel public education has failed our society when we teach U.S. history and its practice of slavery without including the obvious fact all ethnic groups have been victims of State sponsored slavery. Man’s inhumanity to man has a normal distribution curve across all cultures and dispensations of time. mjohanse: your analogy fails for the same reason. Note: There is a trend in educational curriculum to narrow the scope of discipline outcomes in hopes of raising test scores. Although this has been successful political rhetoric for election campaigns, it has yet to achieve its promised results. Government and Unions should stay out of curriculum development and leave it to the professionals in the classroom and local school boards.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 13 hours ago