While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
HermanBB- am not totally certain as to the answer you were expecting (hoping?) to elicit--but As a native born citizen, a 25+ year Military Vet and an avid peruser of all things Historical I have mixed emotions on Japan's "first Hit". The cowardly attack, standing alone, was reprehensible! Put into context with the embargoes, the US proposed/practiced relative to Japan's access to oil supplies in SEA, HAVE BEEN INTERPRETED by some to have made Japan's actions almost guaranteed.
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 7 hours ago