While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
HermanBB- am not totally certain as to the answer you were expecting (hoping?) to elicit--but As a native born citizen, a 25+ year Military Vet and an avid peruser of all things Historical I have mixed emotions on Japan's "first Hit". The cowardly attack, standing alone, was reprehensible! Put into context with the embargoes, the US proposed/practiced relative to Japan's access to oil supplies in SEA, HAVE BEEN INTERPRETED by some to have made Japan's actions almost guaranteed.
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago