While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
HermanBB- am not totally certain as to the answer you were expecting (hoping?) to elicit--but As a native born citizen, a 25+ year Military Vet and an avid peruser of all things Historical I have mixed emotions on Japan's "first Hit". The cowardly attack, standing alone, was reprehensible! Put into context with the embargoes, the US proposed/practiced relative to Japan's access to oil supplies in SEA, HAVE BEEN INTERPRETED by some to have made Japan's actions almost guaranteed.
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago