While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
HermanBB- am not totally certain as to the answer you were expecting (hoping?) to elicit--but As a native born citizen, a 25+ year Military Vet and an avid peruser of all things Historical I have mixed emotions on Japan's "first Hit". The cowardly attack, standing alone, was reprehensible! Put into context with the embargoes, the US proposed/practiced relative to Japan's access to oil supplies in SEA, HAVE BEEN INTERPRETED by some to have made Japan's actions almost guaranteed.
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 4 hours ago