That revelation, which was greeted with a ho-hum by the media, basically announced that by 2033, 21 years from now, the so-called Social Security trust fund will be empty. The only reason this was even announced is because we are approaching a presidential election campaign, and...
I suspect the lack of rebuttal is two-fold: Many of us (Myself) did NOT know at least a couple of the Facts disclosed by *the Judge* and I, at least, as a "Double Dipper" paid SS Almost from day one of my Military service but find my SS/Federal Retirements Offset and reduced substantially. Is this FAIR? I dunno, I just live with the Laws.. All I know for SURE is the Feds will mess with Military retirement, Deployments etc until CONSCRIPTION will again be required! That act will "put the icing on the proverbial CAKE"
When Texas Gov. Rick Perry, then in the early stages of his short-lived quest for the Republican presidential nomination, referred to Social Security as "a Ponzi scheme," he was excoriated by the press, left and right, and by his fellow Republicans, as well. Earlier this week, government actuaries revealed that Perry was correct.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago