What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
I like "the stain"--I reckon it (the stain) wasn't dark enough to warrant Shades of Passion or some such!
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago