I'm not adamantly opposed to a Congressional Rep for reasons of Age; I do believe, however that they should own property and live, at least, part time in their Home District(s). How the residents of WV ever "fell in love" with Jay Rockefeller and have continued to reelect the Scoundrel for too many years remains a mystery to me. Robert C. Byrd was a jacka44 too, but at least, he "brought hoime the Bacon" ala earmarks! I have high hopes for Joe Manchin, but TOO SOON TO FORECAST!
When Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., lost the GOP primary to challenger Richard Mourdock this month, Beltway types saw the voters' verdict as a victory for the tea party and a defeat for the kind of Republican who could work across the aisle. I think Lugar, 80, lost because he is out of touch with Indiana. He started the primary registered to vote at an Indiana home he had sold in 1977. The Lugars have resided in Virginia ever since. Lugar had been working in Washington for so long that he didn't realize he needed to keep up at least the appearance...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago