For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 3 hours ago