As I wrote above "MESS WITH THE BULL, get the horns!
I suspect that young feller was out to prove a point, either his or the North Koreans--I doubt that he believed all the "horror stories" about the N. Korean idiots and may have set out to prove a point! He did!--Don't screw with N. Korea or, as we used to say, "Mess with the bull, get the Horns! A family member, who dislikes both Koreas doesn't even bother to fly back to either province for fear of winding up in the wrong area! I'll bet more than a few Won that the young man will believe the propaganda next time. Sorry bout that!

Net Neutrality

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 15, 2014 2:19 PM
SAY WHAT?? West right over my peaked head, Mr Galen!
Bob319-You say (paraphrased) "Heck its hard for me to listen to hip hop culture. Maybe we all need a little thicker skin!". Maybe so-but I got something else out of the columns writer ie. the listener has the option to change the channel, so it behooves the producer to at least attempt to please the customer/listener!

Goodell Has Got to Go

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 4:40 PM
John/OK- I'm in agreement with podner! America is "going to Hell in a hand-basket" (or close to it) so I cannot/will not try to run the personal life of Men to make a living out of "hurting people"! Rice's relationship with his WIFE is absolutely NOT MY BUSINESS! I've been married to the same woman for 42+ years and never laid a hand on her-although I MAY have entertained such action for a microsecond or two a time or two! If Rice's wife is dumb enough to tolerate such foolishness, that's HER/His business! Of course the NOW "ladies" don't see it that way?

President Obama's War . . . er, Speech

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 3:47 PM
Horrendous as it was to witness, much less be involved in, 9-11 proved quite definitely that the US is NOT geared to fight any internal War! But it seems that we have taken very little action to preclude a repeat. Consider-1; Have we curtailed the issue of Student Visas to Foreign Islamic Students? 2. Are we paying particular to the "Diplomats presently or en route to American sites? 3. Has action been taken to insure these idiots with American Passports currently engaged in fighting AGAINST the US are denied ANY further access to American soil by canceling any/all Passports! I suspect that the answers to all three inquiries are NO!! As an additional measure I believe any American currently utilizing the services of Medical Professional of Middle Eastern pedigree should question his provider as to his views and act accordingly. Prejudicial? HELL YES!! Is being very DEAD at a religious zealot's hands be prejudicial to your Health/Wellbeing? Well??? U figger that out!

Just War Theory and ISIS

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 12:59 AM
maber-There definitely should be forewarning(s) (Air-distributed Pamphlets, etc indicating EXACTLY when/where definitive "erasures" will take place--moving to avoid annihilation is a personal decision.. If after being forewarned "the Muslim man, woman, child" are responsible for their own notion to "stand fast"! If I haven't learned anything in my long life it is this: "FIGHT 'EM OVER THERE"!!

Just War Theory and ISIS

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 12:47 AM
///////////the Author's suggested remedy "engaging and erasing the enemy" contained in his last paragraph is the only logical conclusion! I have always been appalled at even the thought of "Nuclear War" but America has, in my lifetime' engaged only ONE entity that even approached the level of depravity shown by these ISIS weenies! Japan didn't see fit to argue the point after 2 "Big Ones" as I recall! Let's get on with it! It is NOT gonna get easier!
You ask "But can an Air War alone deter further aggression by ISIS?" (paraphrased)-As someone who "has been there/done that" the short answer has to be NO! "Deter" Possibly in the short term, but in the final analysis it appears to most observers-civilian and Military-that drastic FINALIZING action(s) must be utilized. Yes, I'm talking about the 1945 definitive two "actions" that, while Horrendous to even witness, much less endure, probably saved millions of lives in the long-run! All throughout my Military time 50s-78 we all heard a lot about "Tactical Nukes"--I never knew exactly what that meant, but I'm sure they (the TNs) are still around! USE 'EM--and be done with it!

The Third Rail of Domestic Violence

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 13, 2014 12:18 AM
sail-more--I can appreciate your past dilemma with the "abusive wife"-I sometimes refer to my almost 4 years spent in Vietnam during the 60s and I'm sure Folks wonder why I spent more than one tour (1 Yr) as many GIs did. Simple! I was running from a woman that I was a Helluva lot more afraid of than I was Vietnamese snipers! Actually, our situation had deteriorated to the point I was certain that eventually one of us WOULD KILL the other! Worked for us--she is long gone and I get a good breakfast every morning!

Post-9/11: Protect the Freedom To Warn