First Step for Ferguson

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 24, 2014 1:31 PM
NRML-pretty hard to dispute the RELEVANCE of "shot in the crown of the head" by what appeared to be a "heads down charger". Give me your enlightened judgment as to how the hell a man running away could incur such injury! Go Ahead---

First Step for Ferguson

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 24, 2014 1:24 PM
I'm making a 4th attempt to post this-wonder WHY?--As to Jacobs' reference to "Huge captive population" I feel compelled to say that I have never been told I cannot leave here at any time! Some of my ventures outside the US were, in fact, dictated by the "Gubmint" (Japan, Korea, Vietnam (4 times)) and I must say I was always eager to come home! Unless I'm more senile than my 80 years, it seems to me that there is a "Province" on the "Dark Continent" (not MY naming) formed as a solace/refuge for those in despair called "Liberia"--Far as I know it welcomes newcomers! "Give 'Er a Bleedin Go" I say!

Democracy and Ferguson

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 5:30 PM
arpiem-U say "I don't usually read this liberal from the Chicago tribune"-Well, I used to feel the same way as far a Chapman is concerned--BUT he does obviously represent another "view-point"! Don't dismiss him out of hand, ok?

Democracy and Ferguson

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 5:26 PM
Scott s-Your points are well taken-However when I lived in a State with similarly stringent Laws (ND) something as simple as a current Phone Bill with name, physical address etcetc sufficed--I did not mean to be-little Illinois' procedures--but it does make we wonder as to the origin of what appears to be "over-kill"! Just sayin!

Democracy and Ferguson

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 4:58 PM
Optimista--U say (paraphrased)"I thought that meant you need to prove your citizenship"-Funny you bring up that very good point! My Wife is a Naturalized Citizen and could hardly wait 'til she was eligible to vote-But I do NOT recall any ID, other than maybe a drivers' License that is required in WV. My Mom never learned to drive, so in the absence of said "drivers License" she WAS required to obtain (at no cost) a Locally laminated ID which was VALID in lieu of Drivers' License. MUCH ado about nothing on this REQUIREMENT methinks!

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 1:50 AM
pegleg-You make a very PROFOUND statement when U say "Blacks are destroying themselves". Hell of it is that far too many well-meaning Folk don't see it that way!

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 1:37 AM
Mr Hunter--NO!!! You are NOT the only person in America who TRULY DOESN'T GIVE A ShiiiTE about who made the first move. I'm an old White Geezer who had occasion (ONCE!) to have to go bail out my Step-Son who had given Lip to a Deputy Sheriff--I did not bother to question the Deputy and dealt with my Son when I got him Home (on a Military Base as it was). According to my Kid the "Cop" started the BS--SoWhat?? I believed then, just as I believe now, Argument is not a solution. I knew some FINE Families in my Long Career who happened to be Black! I still think that a few more Black DADs just might be at least a beginning to solving some of this "Police Brutality" BS!
Younger-"Teen" he might have BEEN--He also had a "Rap-Sheet" that belies his Sainthood!

Murder

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 8:14 PM
flattus-I had a response at 8:09 PM or thereabouts! I never thought I'd advocate Nukes--But I've never had to deal with "Koran Logic" before. Kill em all!

Murder

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 8:09 PM
I was a Young Lad in 1945 and totally HORRIFIED at the US actions taken at Hiroshima/Nagasaki. Those feelings existed despite the Fanaticism displayed by at least some of the Military (Kamikaze among others) in Japan. But the World was at WAR so I think all were delighted when it was over! Today I had to wonder what General Dempsey was referring to when he mentioned "our UNIQUE Weapons" that could/would be deployed?! Where was my feeling(s) of HORROR or was the good General talking about something less dramatic? I can truthfully state that if a "Big One" was ever warranted this is the time; and the Syria/Iraq borders are the place! MY, My--times ther do change, eh?

The Great Racial Disconnect on Police

Roy-WV Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:33 PM
There is one, "super-Significant" Fact involved in this mess that is almost never talked about by the media"! That is the lack of FATHERS in these wayward young Folks' (Black/White/Mulatto, etc) HOMES! I can tell you-with more than a little experience-that a #10 BOOT in a #4 Posterior would be an excellent starting point to the existing "rate of incarceration". Parents have to lead by example; some of the 250 pound "Large Mamas" I've seen protesting do not appear as "Good Examples" to me! Just sayin!