We Have a Moral Divide, Not a Racial One

Roy-WV Wrote: Nov 25, 2014 3:57 PM
I had a LONG Military career ( early59s-70)--And I must say that, for the Major Part of the time I had little or NO "Black/White Problems" primarily because Equal Opportunity was more than a slogan--that IS WHAT WAS! That's not to say PEOPLE didn't disagree at times, but Dissention-of ANY COLOR-was not tolerated! I'm afraid that the NAACP outlived its' usefulness about coincidentally with KKK!
Society", per se, is not the problem here IMO--I do not have knowledge of the parents of Mr.Brown, but I offer my sincere condolences! I can only hope they (Parents) do not assess too much blame for circumstances of the Tragedy to themselves unless they know different facts. "
I spent MANY (too many?) years in the Military to believe that Rules/Regulations are simply devices to harass Folks-I especially considered the Civilian Law Enforcement Folk to be particularly stringent in their enforcing! In short-I DID NOT hold "the Law" in disdain, but hoped they would find time to protect me. It would appear that the now deceased Mr. Brown chose not to think thusly --SORRY for him/his!

Obamagration and our Disdainful President

Roy-WV Wrote: Nov 24, 2014 3:00 PM
Greg633-I'm having a TERRIBLE time logging onto TH--Any suggestions, or is it a persistent problem--I have bee out of country for months so maybe the procedure has changed. As to Obama's panic to XO this bill-Seems to9 me he's sorta hard-up for "Legacy Material" right now-Jimmy Carter has long ago been replaced (by OB) as the "WORST" so that WILL BE his "Legacy! I just wish the guy would fold his tent and go away!

A Magic Pen And An Empty Suit

Roy-WV Wrote: Nov 24, 2014 12:04 AM
Hal161-Cannot disagree with a thing you wrote! Equal Opportunity and all the accommodations that go with it are NOT FREE! As a Career Military "weenie" I was privileged to see how most of the other half "survived" on free goodies! We'll see, right?

A Magic Pen And An Empty Suit

Roy-WV Wrote: Nov 23, 2014 11:59 PM
Ann Anon-You, like I and many others likely have similar view(s)--Problem is, however, the survivors of "Obama" and his grandiose schemes/dreams including the "Emperor" bit are gonna be years (generations?) recovering from his evil regime, if we ever do! I'm an old white geezer, so I'll likely survive a few more years in spite of the "Emperor" and his ilk-But you survivors will do well to remember exactly what voting for a person you KNEW to be inadequate in an effort to be Politically/Racially. Germany HAS survived--I wish the USA the best! balanced!
Heather--How MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR 15 MINUTES?
MD (aka known as troll) I see U have new "Names" but ur still the same GARBAGE! GO AWAY--FAR AWAY!

Pesky Questions About Those AWOL Afghans

Roy-WV Wrote: Oct 01, 2014 1:36 PM
Ynot-I suspect Ur right about "they just don't want to go back to Afghanistan"(Paraphrased-)-I think I am right about WE Congress 'Critters" demanding an embargo on all ME immigration! NOTHING personal--Just common sense?

It's Better Now

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 30, 2014 4:52 PM
I'll be the quick to agree that ARE living in "better times" in most respects--My WV family(Scot-Irish farmers/coal-miners) worked diligently to feed the families. We didn't have access to electrical service(s) until 1949-certainly improved over kerosene Lamps! As to the strength of "Character" etc, I suspect the many WV families on their 3rd generation of welfare might fail that test! Just my OPINE!

Who Would You Pick, Obama or Derek Jeter?

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 30, 2014 4:37 PM
Derek Jeter IS a Class-Act! I have followed Baseball since I was a young'un (a long time) and I cannot recall a person who exhibited higher personal STANDARDS! Obama can aspire to such a standing--Unfortunately, He, Obama, is "beating a dead horse"! Mr Jeter should not even be mentioned in the same sentence!