U.S.-Russia Clash in Ukraine?

Roy-WV Wrote: Feb 03, 2015 12:56 PM
259DPA-I do NOT know how many (if any) Ukrainians You know/have known, but during the early 50s (prior to my Military ventures) I worked with MANY Ukranians in the Pittsburgh area. "DPA" could have some particular significance, but most "DPs" I encountered in that time-frame were very happy to be in America. We need to stay out of this Ukrainian Mess IMHO!

U.S.-Russia Clash in Ukraine?

Roy-WV Wrote: Feb 03, 2015 12:51 PM
As an "Old" Retired Military Member who has been in/around/over TOO MANY attempts of American Intervention in Russian/Chinese (pick a number) International affairs! We, the US, would be well advised to stay out of Most "Foreign" Territorial ventures. When we (America) are DIRECTLY threatened, do as I have mentioned, ie, "Fuze a Big One for Ground Zero" and stand back, a long way back, and analyze the NEW situation!

How To “Fix” The Super Bowl

Roy-WV Wrote: Feb 01, 2015 1:47 PM
to the author-Mr. Hunter--Well stated! I know I have become virtually indifferent to most "Sports Things" in my Old Age! Actually, I suppose I've simply found other, more pertinent things to concern myself with! So I intend to watch SOME of the commercials, less of the GAME, and most of the snow we're expected to receive.
Personally, I have yet to meet "an HONEST Politician"--I first heard the "If his mouth is moving, He is lying" as a youngster about politicos here in WV--Nothing seems to have changed much, eh?

I.O.W.A.

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 8:44 PM
I mean no disrespect to Mr. Galen; However it has become increasingly difficult to find ANYTHING of interest on TH anymore! Come back BURT!! On the other hand, maybe I truly HAVE simply given up!
Pistol--, U beat me to asking the same "Favor" ie NOT displaying fatso's Photo! That's enough to trigger a spasm or worse?
Mark6815-"Dead muslims decapitate no one" is SPOT ON! I find it impossible to believe that the "rulers" of Iraq, Syria et al, seemingly haven't the POWER to control these a-holes! I'll repeat (if TH approves) my proposed Tentative Solution: Fuse a "Big One" for ground level (Mecca seems a good beginning point) and repeat at selected targets until these "religious Zealots" get real RELIGION!
I do not presume to credentials to dispute one such as this Author; however, as one who does skim through the OP-eds etc of the Times while at the local Library, may I offer a suggestion? DO NOT READ THE GARBAGE!

Sniper-Smearing in Hollywood

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 23, 2015 1:36 PM
I suppose the methodology used by a "Sniper" (any variety of that MOS) could be considered a "Cowardly Method"!? Having said that, please tell me how that means of causing a persons' Head to explode is radically different than the person who depresses the "Pickle Button" initiating the dispersal of TONS of highly explosive ordinance on a village?? Say What? As I have said too Many? times: "War is BAD/EVIL SHIIITE and should be avoided at most costs!

The State Of Our Union

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 12:31 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only person who had virtually SWORN not to watch the Prez this year renege on the promise! Actually, in hindsight, Last nights' ramblings may have been one of his better presentations! Knowing (or at least strongly suspecting, that he, Obama, does NOT compose/write the presentation(s) I have to wonder exactly WHO does those tasks? How much input does the Prez (any President) have in the composition/editing of this hoopla? i'VE no IDEA!

Selma, 50 Years On

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:51 PM
Corbett-Kudos to YOU!! I cannot remember EVER agreeing with you (totally) on ANYTHING!! But You certainly nailed this one down quite solidly! Well Said!