Just War Theory and ISIS

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 12:47 AM
///////////the Author's suggested remedy "engaging and erasing the enemy" contained in his last paragraph is the only logical conclusion! I have always been appalled at even the thought of "Nuclear War" but America has, in my lifetime' engaged only ONE entity that even approached the level of depravity shown by these ISIS weenies! Japan didn't see fit to argue the point after 2 "Big Ones" as I recall! Let's get on with it! It is NOT gonna get easier!
You ask "But can an Air War alone deter further aggression by ISIS?" (paraphrased)-As someone who "has been there/done that" the short answer has to be NO! "Deter" Possibly in the short term, but in the final analysis it appears to most observers-civilian and Military-that drastic FINALIZING action(s) must be utilized. Yes, I'm talking about the 1945 definitive two "actions" that, while Horrendous to even witness, much less endure, probably saved millions of lives in the long-run! All throughout my Military time 50s-78 we all heard a lot about "Tactical Nukes"--I never knew exactly what that meant, but I'm sure they (the TNs) are still around! USE 'EM--and be done with it!

The Third Rail of Domestic Violence

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 13, 2014 12:18 AM
sail-more--I can appreciate your past dilemma with the "abusive wife"-I sometimes refer to my almost 4 years spent in Vietnam during the 60s and I'm sure Folks wonder why I spent more than one tour (1 Yr) as many GIs did. Simple! I was running from a woman that I was a Helluva lot more afraid of than I was Vietnamese snipers! Actually, our situation had deteriorated to the point I was certain that eventually one of us WOULD KILL the other! Worked for us--she is long gone and I get a good breakfast every morning!

Post-9/11: Protect the Freedom To Warn

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 2:41 PM
"and fed Bull" Sorry

Post-9/11: Protect the Freedom To Warn

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 2:34 PM
dmo123-You surely hit the nail on the head! I've long opined that if the American Citizen really knew what came out of the "Staff Message Division" (assuming there is still such an entity in the Pentagon) there would be a LOOOONG line to jump off the Key Bridge an a daily basis. The American is Public is, willingly, "Like a Mushroom, kept in the Dark and bed Bull Shite"!

Bombing ISIS Is Hardly Enough

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 2:24 PM
Depends on the type "Bomb" used! All my Military Career I heard talk of "Tactical Nukes"--never really understood the full ramification(s) of such devices--Many argued "there is no such thing as a tactical Nuke"-and I assumed the use of such was not likely to occur! Maybe NOW is the time! Never thought Hiroshima, ETC WAS A GOOD IDEA--maybe a LARGE glass parking lot in Syria would send a message?

Can the Ray Rice Stoning Begin?

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 2:12 PM
Roger626--Totally AGREE! I am also reasonably certain that Most of TH contributors will-not! As a frequent "referee" of Spousal rampages during my long Military career I found "six of one-Half dozen of the other" to be a fair assessment as a rule!alcohol was almost always a factor, so I rarely saw disciplinary action used--the over-worked Chaplains were not so fortunate! This overdone Firing looks like a bad attempt at securing the NFL ticket $ inflow?
This "Mikey Fellow" who professes to head the FFRF CULT is a real piece of work, eh? I would truly like to discuss "Philosophy" with that weasel!
I may be speaking as a single entity on this subject, but I am TOTALLY fed up with this PC-BS , with or without the Religious Overtone(s)! I have decided to ABSOLUTELY refuse to modify my personal standards one IOTA simply to pacify the "feelings" of another--and I mean ANY "Other"! Many of us "Old Geezers" are walking around on legs that still are not serviceable due to shrapnel and various and sundry maladies. do NOT expect me to do anything to please a particular fetish you may entertain! Bye Now!

Get Angry Now

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 11, 2014 3:59 PM
Robert 437-If what you write is TRUE (and I hope it is!), I have but one thing to say! BULLY for that Governor! His gonads are obviously of solid brass!

The Sacking of Ray Rice

Roy-WV Wrote: Sep 11, 2014 12:08 PM
stan-C'Mon Now! Let's call it like it almost certainly IS! I come from a large family (Iris-Italian-Croat mixed) and have refused to become involved in ANY of the plentiful "Spousal abuse" skirmishes. In my experience, the combatants deserved each other--Hell-let 'em FIGHT!! Generally the wounds are superficial!