Pistol--, U beat me to asking the same "Favor" ie NOT displaying fatso's Photo! That's enough to trigger a spasm or worse?
Mark6815-"Dead muslims decapitate no one" is SPOT ON! I find it impossible to believe that the "rulers" of Iraq, Syria et al, seemingly haven't the POWER to control these a-holes! I'll repeat (if TH approves) my proposed Tentative Solution: Fuse a "Big One" for ground level (Mecca seems a good beginning point) and repeat at selected targets until these "religious Zealots" get real RELIGION!
I do not presume to credentials to dispute one such as this Author; however, as one who does skim through the OP-eds etc of the Times while at the local Library, may I offer a suggestion? DO NOT READ THE GARBAGE!

Sniper-Smearing in Hollywood

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 23, 2015 1:36 PM
I suppose the methodology used by a "Sniper" (any variety of that MOS) could be considered a "Cowardly Method"!? Having said that, please tell me how that means of causing a persons' Head to explode is radically different than the person who depresses the "Pickle Button" initiating the dispersal of TONS of highly explosive ordinance on a village?? Say What? As I have said too Many? times: "War is BAD/EVIL SHIIITE and should be avoided at most costs!

The State Of Our Union

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 12:31 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only person who had virtually SWORN not to watch the Prez this year renege on the promise! Actually, in hindsight, Last nights' ramblings may have been one of his better presentations! Knowing (or at least strongly suspecting, that he, Obama, does NOT compose/write the presentation(s) I have to wonder exactly WHO does those tasks? How much input does the Prez (any President) have in the composition/editing of this hoopla? i'VE no IDEA!

Selma, 50 Years On

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:51 PM
Corbett-Kudos to YOU!! I cannot remember EVER agreeing with you (totally) on ANYTHING!! But You certainly nailed this one down quite solidly! Well Said!

Selma, 50 Years On

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:47 PM
I'm commenting prior to reading ANY of the initial responses--something uncommon to me--But I don't want my mind, such as it is, clouded, OK? First, as an "Old White Geezer", born/raised in an area where Blacks were almost a Non-Entity for most of my Youth, I certainly not qualified to assume I' m an expert on Black America. But I will say that my LONG Military Career (54-79) alerted me to one IMPORTANT REALITY! "They" are "just like us" was/is more than a slogan. I found that all who chose to get along and succeed could do so! What's hard about that?

Cancel the State of the Union

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 18, 2015 11:50 PM
th Moderator-Much obliged for your non-concurrence! BS says it all anywy!

Cancel the State of the Union

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 18, 2015 11:50 PM
th Moderator-Much obliged for your non-concurrence! BS says it all anywy!

Cancel the State of the Union

Roy-WV Wrote: Jan 18, 2015 11:48 PM
TNvol- Thank You! As far as I AND, obviously YOU, are concerned the SOTU is nothing more/less than Political BS and is best ignored by those of us who care! I haven't watched one of these insults to my Intelligence for years and do not intend to do this year!