President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Republicans are generally pathetic, and Boneboner makes it look natural Just dump him, he has done nothing to fight back. Conservatives need a street fighter, not a crying baby
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 27 minutes ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago