President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Republicans are generally pathetic, and Boneboner makes it look natural Just dump him, he has done nothing to fight back. Conservatives need a street fighter, not a crying baby
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 5 hours ago