President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Republicans are generally pathetic, and Boneboner makes it look natural Just dump him, he has done nothing to fight back. Conservatives need a street fighter, not a crying baby
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago