President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
UH, YOU HAVE TO OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND PAY YOURSELF WHATEVER YOU WANT, DUH of course, that would be too much work for a liberal--you want to let others do the work and you get the raise uh huh
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago