I appreciate Krauthammer shooting down Steve Hayes' attempt to praise Obama's White House Press Conference appearance on the George Zimmerman verdict. Sadly, I've heard too many conservatives give the thumbs up to The One's "heart-felt" and "genuine" speech. There are two reasons I don't like it and these two reasons were the thread running through his 17 minute speech: 1) He was an apologist for black victim hood. 2) He appealed to the sentiments of white guilt. That in itself disqualifies the speech from having any positive or redemptive aspects. When he tried to speak "positive" at the end, it...
In response to:
I guess if Obama could have been Martin then: Martin was the son of a banker and lived a privileged life. Martin was on his way to Columbia University and did not have to worry about the tuition because his family paid it. Martin was then scheduled to go to Harvard and be pampered there, Obama is a crass, uncultured man. His race has nothing to do with this criticism and the sooner the black community let's go of their racism, the sooner racism will not be an issue in America. GROW UP!
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago