No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
minimum wage laws destroy jobs and whole neighborhoods. If the forced wage rate is higher than the marginal productivity of hiring a new employee there will be no job. Period. The wage is not 5 or 7 dollars an hour its is ZERO dollars per hour. That is why there are many whole neighborhoods were no body has a job at all and all the businesses who would hire new comers to the world of actual work have simply moved out or have switched to capital equipment.
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 2 hours ago