It's to their credit that Republicans are obsessed with getting the government to address its unconscionable and unmanageable debt, freeing up the productive private sector to create economic growth and maintaining the nation's military preeminence. But there's something almost pathetic about the way leading Republicans complain that the president doesn't negotiate in good faith. Of course he doesn't. He's not interested in governing -- at least not with Republicans. He's determined to campaign from now until November 2014 so...
cont.... watching that show we saw the stark difference between someone who would risk political clout to do the right thing for the country, and someone who does everything for political clout and expediency, despite what was good for the country. Reagan never would have "played chicken" with the US economy to force unsustainable spending upon the taxpayers of this country. Reagan was the polar opposite of Barack Obama. And no amount of revisionist history from the glassy eyed slobbering cult of Obama will ever change that.
There are two major parties in the United States: the party that wishes to govern and the party that wants only to campaign.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago