How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Here in Washington state we have the initiative process. It sort of bypasses our legislature and becomes majority rule. We east-side-of-the-mountains conservatives get all kinds of stuff we don't want dumped on us by the I-5 corridor lefties. Look at the presidential vote in our state on one of those blue/red maps! So now we have same sex marriage and legalized marijuana. I say chaos is comin'.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago