I don't believe you can work 80 hrs. a week and live in poverty unless there has been true tragedy along the way...illness, loss by flood or fire...something. And how many hard luck stories are there in the lives of vey successful and content people? Tough times often shapes character.
When it comes to getting kids to eat the school lunches. You can lead a horse to water.... I worked in a school kitchen that made its own bread and rolls, cookies from scratch etc. You can put all kinds of good for you food in front of them , but if they haven't learned to like it at home, they won't even try it at school to see if its well prepared. Many parents only feed their kids what I call "kid food" and then wonder why they won't eat anything but that stuff well beyond grade school.

Jon Stewart and Anti-Semitism

rosalyn3 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 11:33 AM
Haven't understood the lefts dislike of Israel. But I suspect it is something like the elite intellectuals support of eugenics a century or so ago. It was "fashionable" or in today's words, hip and cool. Ditto for their love for Castro.

Things I Don't Understand

rosalyn3 Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 11:28 AM
It's "fashionable", "cool", "hip", to be gay or to sympathize with and celebrate gayness. The immense power of our desire to be PC/cool is displayed when the insurance biz will not do exactly what it is set up to do! I believe this demonstrates just how powerful the media has been. This is a complete turn around in view of homosexuality in less than 20 years.

Irresponsible Choices

rosalyn3 Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 11:30 AM
Mr. Sowell get to the root of a problem and then explains it clearly and concisely. Thank you.

The 20 Best Quotes From Greg Gutfeld

rosalyn3 Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 11:25 AM
A sense of humor and wisdom together make for convincing and civil argument. Love the list. I think I'll buy Gutfeld's book. Also, this list made me think of how the evangelical church has embraced coolness and the whole "feelings" mentality. Bad thinking and zero understanding of the doctrines that ARE Christianity result.

Is Your Food Conservative?

rosalyn3 Wrote: Sep 01, 2014 12:14 PM
Yes, I've grown weary of all that. It's impossible to shop your ideology. That's what is so great about the free market system. The best product wins....period. I used to do boycotts and I would for something really outrageous. But there is a limit.
How did the Nazi's turn a nation of normal people into Jew haters and haters of anyone not exactly like them? It became "fashionable" and politically correct. This partly grew out of the eugenics "fashion" that the elite of the world embraced for a period of time.
You see, it doesn't take a law or even government force to turn a country into an intolerant and scary place.
Hollywood's fascination with violent rap music and stars is as baffling to me as the left's fascinated fawning over Castro and his ilk. What is wrong with these people?

Modern Feminism: A Teenage Boy’s Dream

rosalyn3 Wrote: Aug 28, 2014 11:54 AM
Surely the dad's of those girls know its not a good idea! Another reason why kids need both parents!