Heroes in the Age of the Selfie

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 30, 2015 5:44 PM
Exactly!!!!

NFL Tough Guys Need Dads, Too

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 29, 2015 11:03 AM
Boy, you got that right! This is why BO does an interview with a youtube nut job and presidents show up on celebrity talk shows. Its all about "feelings" and having a likable persona. Every single presidential appearance is a choreographed sham to get to peoples emotions.

Of Green Lipstick and Presidential Ham

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 28, 2015 1:15 PM
Thanks for affirming what I've thought ever since Presidents started appearing on celebrity talk shows. The POTUS is not a celebrity in the showbiz sense and this is just a new low. I really worry about our election process now where those running for POTUS have to be like American Idol candidates. It's a popularity contest!

Chris Kyle: Symbol For All Ideologues

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 5:13 PM
Look, I liked the movie because it was truthful about the kind of people that are needed to fight a war against an enemy that does not play by the rules....terrorists. I liked it because we have few heroes these days of great physical courage and deep love of country. I liked this movie because I'm so tired of anti-American, decidedly anti-patriotism, anti-Christian, anti-business, anti-western culture. Every "hero" has his flaws if he is human, but we can admire them even so.
He who has the "gold" has the rule.

Why ‘Gay Marriage’ is Evil

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 26, 2015 11:26 AM
It seems to me that we are throwing away our civilization. And I mean that in the full sense of the word. Can we believe that we are just animals and not become as uncivilized as animals? Traditional marriage has been the bedrock of civil societies. How else to train up children? Would children be loving and kind or selfish and cruel without discipline and guidance? Teaching children to not be self centered is best done in a stable home of a Mom and Dad. It can be done otherwise, but success is an exception. Civil society is built on traditional marriage.
I've read the book as well as seen the movie. Bradley Cooper deserves high praise for his performance. Kyle was a man of rare physical courage, with a love of battle. That combination offends many. But am I glad that there are men of similar makeup out there defending us? Yes, yes, yes.

Is America in a Religious War?

rosalyn3 Wrote: Jan 16, 2015 12:34 PM
Thank you Mark, for voicing what needs to be said. At first I thought you were going to ignore the fact that the Koran actually directly instructs Muslims to kill the infidel. It was very insightful to say that peaceful Islam is actually the "radical" departure from Mohammeds teachings. He was a violent conqueror that invented a violent religion to give him fanatical followers.

Are Facts Obsolete?

rosalyn3 Wrote: Dec 30, 2014 3:18 PM
I've had this debate with my very intelligent, college educated husband. He was taught in college that the truth is relative...especially if it is the testimony of a human being on an event that they witnessed. What has happened is that this idea of truth being relative has infected even the understanding of physical facts. And what is "spin" but the twisting into opinion and emotion of reality/fact.
So what is the correct reason to be a follower of a religion? Bottom line for Christians...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Saved from something very bad. This is the beginning of faith. Then you realize that it was purely grace not merit that saved you. Then gratitude enters the equation and love for the one who loved you enough, even though you were quite unlovable

The 20-year Demise of a Blue State

rosalyn3 Wrote: Dec 22, 2014 11:34 AM
We live in rural eastern WA. And we have "coasties" moving here to escape the urban scene. It's sad.