CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
She is ordinary. That's the problem, someone told her she's a little princess that is better than everyone and deserves to be lauded. They both are so ordinary and run-of-the-mill that it is shocking they have been able to get where they are. Not highly intelligent, no real work experience, paid too high for the entry level jobs they had, able to purchase a home they couldn't afford, etc. Someone paved the way for these two. They DIDN'T get their own their own.
- Is the Ebola outbreak receding? Noah Rothman 17 mins ago
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 17 hours ago