CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
She is ordinary. That's the problem, someone told her she's a little princess that is better than everyone and deserves to be lauded. They both are so ordinary and run-of-the-mill that it is shocking they have been able to get where they are. Not highly intelligent, no real work experience, paid too high for the entry level jobs they had, able to purchase a home they couldn't afford, etc. Someone paved the way for these two. They DIDN'T get their own their own.
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago