In response to:
An appeal to hearsay doesn't bolster your argument. As far as anyone knows your friend could be the plumber or lawn care crew; besides you only said you know someone and you hope that we'll just assume that means you know what your talking about. That's called an appeal to authority, which is a weak and misleading way to bolster an argument. Your next bolster attempt was an appeal to your own experience. Unfortunately your "experience" was filtered through the media. So you've seen what others want you to see. Not a strong bolster either. Finally, what does his voting record have to do with this conversation? I am not going fill in the logic steps of your argument for you, you'll have to show your work.
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 59 minutes ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago