In response to:
An appeal to hearsay doesn't bolster your argument. As far as anyone knows your friend could be the plumber or lawn care crew; besides you only said you know someone and you hope that we'll just assume that means you know what your talking about. That's called an appeal to authority, which is a weak and misleading way to bolster an argument. Your next bolster attempt was an appeal to your own experience. Unfortunately your "experience" was filtered through the media. So you've seen what others want you to see. Not a strong bolster either. Finally, what does his voting record have to do with this conversation? I am not going fill in the logic steps of your argument for you, you'll have to show your work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 11 hours ago