In response to:
An appeal to hearsay doesn't bolster your argument. As far as anyone knows your friend could be the plumber or lawn care crew; besides you only said you know someone and you hope that we'll just assume that means you know what your talking about. That's called an appeal to authority, which is a weak and misleading way to bolster an argument. Your next bolster attempt was an appeal to your own experience. Unfortunately your "experience" was filtered through the media. So you've seen what others want you to see. Not a strong bolster either. Finally, what does his voting record have to do with this conversation? I am not going fill in the logic steps of your argument for you, you'll have to show your work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago