Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago