Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago