Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago