Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago