Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 43 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago