Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 59 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago