But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014