My new film, "2016 Obama's America," has been in theaters for a little over seven weeks and is no longer going unnoticed. Those who make their living reviewing films are coming out in droves on both sides of the opinion spectrum and those reviewers who find the film entertaining, educational and even inspiring are not only right but now once again in the minority. Ardent partisans who somehow missed their calling as spokespersons for liberal politicians and ended up as film reviewers instead, are wont to find any film that doesn't tow the liberal line to be lacking in content, intellectual...
In response to:
I agree with just about everything said in this column.... but: I read earlier this week that this film, 2016, is "the #2 documentary of all time." That same article/column, though, was quick to mention that this is in terms of box office dollars and that the numbers for the movies 2016 had been compared to were not adjusted for inflation. The Michael Moore documentaries that it had been compared to (Bowling for Columbine & Fahrenheit 9/11) are 8-12 years old. So, if 2016 grossed $26 million while a 10 year old documentary grossed $24 million (and, again, these numbers were not adjusted for inflation), it seems disingenuous to say that 2016 should be ranked higher than that 10 year old doc.
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 33 minutes ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago