The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Dear Loyal Democrat, You are speaking from your heart, not your head, I presume. You offer no data, with attendant analysis and conclusion, to support your cry of pain for others. My suggestion: think globally and act locally, yourself, to reduce the demand for items and services manufactured and created in the USA. Be as poor as those with whom you sympathize, but don't demand the government make the rest of as poor also. Your creed seems to be that everyone in the world should be equally miserable. Please start with yourself.
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 51 mins ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago