The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Dear Loyal Democrat, You are speaking from your heart, not your head, I presume. You offer no data, with attendant analysis and conclusion, to support your cry of pain for others. My suggestion: think globally and act locally, yourself, to reduce the demand for items and services manufactured and created in the USA. Be as poor as those with whom you sympathize, but don't demand the government make the rest of as poor also. Your creed seems to be that everyone in the world should be equally miserable. Please start with yourself.
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago