This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Ms Charen, I have admired your writing and points of view for at least a decade. My appreciation for this article is no exception. In looking at females to admire for their accomplishments and contributions to society through their art, may I suggest Anne Sofie von Otter, a Swedish singer-musician and (musical) stage actress who often performs in the USA and throughout the world.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago