This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Ms Charen, I have admired your writing and points of view for at least a decade. My appreciation for this article is no exception. In looking at females to admire for their accomplishments and contributions to society through their art, may I suggest Anne Sofie von Otter, a Swedish singer-musician and (musical) stage actress who often performs in the USA and throughout the world.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 2 hours ago