1. It is uncertain where consent ends and force begins. Because that is largely a religious question that cannot be determined by science, it has no place...
I have seen, first hand, what happens when a woman reports aggressive behavior that eventually leads to rape and murder. The laws are still written to address the committed crime and not to allow a potential victim the right to defend herself. Restraining orders are totally useless and often even infuriate the potential assailant to more aggressive behavior. The sick truth is that anything short of killing the potential assailant puts the woman's life in danger. Jail time simply leads to parole time which leads to the consummation of the crime.
I know it sounds outrageous, but the arguments my liberal readers make for abortion have convinced me that they are trying to legalize rape. Aside from the obvious fact that rape is a moral issue (and one can’t legislate morality), pro-abortion reasoning provides 10 additional reasons for making rape legal. I have enumerated all of them below. I have even taken the time to expand on some of the more disturbing arguments:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago