1. It is uncertain where consent ends and force begins. Because that is largely a religious question that cannot be determined by science, it has no place...
I have seen, first hand, what happens when a woman reports aggressive behavior that eventually leads to rape and murder. The laws are still written to address the committed crime and not to allow a potential victim the right to defend herself. Restraining orders are totally useless and often even infuriate the potential assailant to more aggressive behavior. The sick truth is that anything short of killing the potential assailant puts the woman's life in danger. Jail time simply leads to parole time which leads to the consummation of the crime.
I know it sounds outrageous, but the arguments my liberal readers make for abortion have convinced me that they are trying to legalize rape. Aside from the obvious fact that rape is a moral issue (and one can’t legislate morality), pro-abortion reasoning provides 10 additional reasons for making rape legal. I have enumerated all of them below. I have even taken the time to expand on some of the more disturbing arguments:
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago