Nearly three months after the election, what...
Minimum wage battles destroy the economy. They are nothing but political ads to attract the ignorant. All that raising minimum wage does is prevent hiring of inexperienced workers, usually blacks. Government has no right to require a certain wage to be paid by anyone. That is pure socialism. Why not require that the minimum wage for everyone be $40.00 per hour? The reason is very simple. The cost of services and goods increases in direct proportion to the wages paid. We would be eating $20.00 hamburgers and living in million dollar shacks. People should be paid according to their value to the employer and nothing else. Caring employers try to pay above what is expected in order to create loyalty and trust, but that is their choice.
Is the Republican National Committee just “stupid” as Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) implied last week, or just hell bent on business as usual, ignoring the minority vote til’ the next century? Either way, the same people who insisted Mitt Romney be anointed the GOP 2012 presidential nominee are the same people now in charge of the party’s image makeover and recruiting voters of “color” to the party: Yes, middle aged and old white men. And all signs point to the fact that we’re heading for the same underperforming results unless we change directions fast.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago