Nearly three months after the election, what...
Minimum wage battles destroy the economy. They are nothing but political ads to attract the ignorant. All that raising minimum wage does is prevent hiring of inexperienced workers, usually blacks. Government has no right to require a certain wage to be paid by anyone. That is pure socialism. Why not require that the minimum wage for everyone be $40.00 per hour? The reason is very simple. The cost of services and goods increases in direct proportion to the wages paid. We would be eating $20.00 hamburgers and living in million dollar shacks. People should be paid according to their value to the employer and nothing else. Caring employers try to pay above what is expected in order to create loyalty and trust, but that is their choice.
Is the Republican National Committee just “stupid” as Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) implied last week, or just hell bent on business as usual, ignoring the minority vote til’ the next century? Either way, the same people who insisted Mitt Romney be anointed the GOP 2012 presidential nominee are the same people now in charge of the party’s image makeover and recruiting voters of “color” to the party: Yes, middle aged and old white men. And all signs point to the fact that we’re heading for the same underperforming results unless we change directions fast.
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago