Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
He got hooked on a pain killer, admitted his addiction publicly, and got off through therapy. I guess that makes him guilty of what? HE GOT OFF. There is the difference. I work in a hardware store where "squirrel-toothed" meth-heads come in regularly for lye to use in making meth. Lye is a time-honored toilet and drain cleaner and is also used to make soap and clean granite. That amply describes the habitual drug user. He continually has his head in a toilet because he refuses to suck it up and deal with reality.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 7 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago