Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
One of the Biblical signs of the "End Times" is that people will turn to "witchcraft." The correct translation from the word in the Greek, Pharmakeia, is "pharmacy", or drugs. Legalizing bad conduct does not improve society. Either choice leads down a dark road because people are getting more drug dependent. . Marijuana is a gateway drug that emboldens many to go to more potent garbage. America is on the downward slope and has all but lost its way. I am thankful that we are promised one who will restore all things (Malachi 4: 5-6) just prior to the establishment of Godly sanity.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago