Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
One of the Biblical signs of the "End Times" is that people will turn to "witchcraft." The correct translation from the word in the Greek, Pharmakeia, is "pharmacy", or drugs. Legalizing bad conduct does not improve society. Either choice leads down a dark road because people are getting more drug dependent. . Marijuana is a gateway drug that emboldens many to go to more potent garbage. America is on the downward slope and has all but lost its way. I am thankful that we are promised one who will restore all things (Malachi 4: 5-6) just prior to the establishment of Godly sanity.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago