The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
Our guns are all that stands in the way of Obama's Amerika. He wants them & he will lie & cajole to get them. The unanswered question is, will 80,000,000 Americans passively give up their more than 258,000,000 shotguns, rifles, handguns, legally licensed machine guns, submachine guns, cannons & howitzers. That question won't be answered until the confiscations begin; & if Obama, Chuckie Schumer, Feinstein, Kagan, Scalia & the other social democrats have their way it will be tried. They know the BATFE has to come for them. Anyone remember what happened to the Branch Davidians? I am sure that there will be resistance. People here know that if the the guns go, then come the camps for uncooperative citizens. Red Dawn may be a prophesy.
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago