Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
I notice the anti-gun lobby is in the same company as Hitler, Castro and many other mass murderers. Like minds mean like intentions.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago