Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 14 hours ago