Debra, Here's a true (and admittedly anecdotal) story to tell you. About 15 years ago, while teaching computer skills at a community non-profit, I met a formerly incarcerated fellow whose prison name was "Hippie Fred." (He acknowledged that he was dealing LSD.) He said, "the prisons were way overcrowded with most of us in for soft crimes like mine, but to survive, you had to be real careful. It was almost imperative to become hardened. Sooner or later, there's going to be a lot of blood." I'm pleased that Rand and Leahy are finally dealing with the "Judicial Incarceration" complex.
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago