Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
Those of us around for 2 or 3 decades inadvertently helped create this debacle by giving small discounts to insurance plans that turned into unsustainable reimbursements. It is young doctors who think private practice is impossible who need to be encouraged and supported in networks demonstrating that fee for service private practice can rise again and flourish. Physicians ultimately hold the best hands and our patients deserve the kind of care we were trained to give. Where there are big groups owned by hospitals, there should be many openings for practitioners who provide better service to blossom.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 12 hours ago