Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
Those of us around for 2 or 3 decades inadvertently helped create this debacle by giving small discounts to insurance plans that turned into unsustainable reimbursements. It is young doctors who think private practice is impossible who need to be encouraged and supported in networks demonstrating that fee for service private practice can rise again and flourish. Physicians ultimately hold the best hands and our patients deserve the kind of care we were trained to give. Where there are big groups owned by hospitals, there should be many openings for practitioners who provide better service to blossom.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago