They should have addressed the problem that they hoped to solve. Provide a year or two of remedial preparation to make up for the under performing school system that they have suffered. Then they could enter the University system on their own without affirmative action. I remember Bill Cosby standing on the steps of city hall in Baltimore pleading with the inner city kids to take advantage of such programs in the community college which would have provided this kind of stepping stone. But very few were recruited.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 6 hours ago