They should have addressed the problem that they hoped to solve. Provide a year or two of remedial preparation to make up for the under performing school system that they have suffered. Then they could enter the University system on their own without affirmative action. I remember Bill Cosby standing on the steps of city hall in Baltimore pleading with the inner city kids to take advantage of such programs in the community college which would have provided this kind of stepping stone. But very few were recruited.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago