For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
And dropped 1000 points after the election!
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 58 minutes ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? Jeff Dunetz 2 hours ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 3 hours ago