Rep. Tim Huelskamp (KS-01), along with Rep. Raúl Labrador (ID-01), Rep. Jim Jordan (OH-04) and Rep. Steve King (IA-05), discussed the future of the GOP, as well as a host of policy issues they will face as members of the 113th Congress. The Heritage...
In response to:
That same Constitution also provides that the President "shall ... recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient...." Yes, the House is to originate and pass revenue bills, but the Constitution clearly places the President in a leadership position in suggesting bills he deems should be passed. Perhaps this President just is not capable of leading as the Constitution requires?
"Why did Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan lose?” Jonathan Weisman, a congressional reporter for the New York Times, posed this challenging, yet important question to Republican congressmen who took part in this month’s Conservations with Conservatives. Among the election results, the congress members also discussed the fiscal cliff, the lame duck session, immigration and Paul Ryan.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago