Rep. Tim Huelskamp (KS-01), along with Rep. Raúl Labrador (ID-01), Rep. Jim Jordan (OH-04) and Rep. Steve King (IA-05), discussed the future of the GOP, as well as a host of policy issues they will face as members of the 113th Congress. The Heritage...
In response to:
That same Constitution also provides that the President "shall ... recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient...." Yes, the House is to originate and pass revenue bills, but the Constitution clearly places the President in a leadership position in suggesting bills he deems should be passed. Perhaps this President just is not capable of leading as the Constitution requires?
"Why did Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan lose?” Jonathan Weisman, a congressional reporter for the New York Times, posed this challenging, yet important question to Republican congressmen who took part in this month’s Conservations with Conservatives. Among the election results, the congress members also discussed the fiscal cliff, the lame duck session, immigration and Paul Ryan.
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago