I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
It appears to me that the "1960s counter culture" is now running the US. I never understood hippies and I still don't. They liked their communes where everyone shared everything and no one was required to do anything that was not their thing. Well welcome to the current US socialized way of life. It didn’t work then, so why do we think it will work now.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 24 minutes ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago