I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
and all we ask for is a budget passed by all Democrats and a national photo ID that is required to vote in person and limit mail in voting to the minimum.
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 23 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago