In response to:
Internet sales taxes are not new taxes. Each state has procedures for collection from residents. In TN we are supposed to report all out of state purchases and pay the taxes. Needless to say, few of us do. Still, the current system allows out of state merchants to compete unfairly with in state businesses. After more consideration, my solution is to require each online seller to report all purchases to a central collection agency for every state. This adds no new taxes, only facilitates enforcement of existing laws. Then the states can either choose to enforce collection or reject it. This shifts the responsibility for sate taxation back to the respective states, a federalist system that ties taxing decisions to more local...
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago