They will know less, though, about international trade and its value to American consumers, producers and economic health. In this, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama call to mind what the 19th-century House Speaker Thomas Brackett Reed said of his foes: "They never open their...
I have said many times that Chapman drinks Chicago water and it numbs his brain. After reading this article I can only conclude that he has switched to bottled water. And about time!
A national political campaign can be a good vehicle for educating the citizenry about vital issues -- whether fiscal balance requires tax increases, say, or the pros and cons of health care reform. By Election Day, Americans who have been paying attention will know more about such matters than they did when the race began.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago